Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kashmir

Sorry I haven't been blogging lately. There are just a lot of things going on right now but I do have a ton of things to share with you so I hope to do a lot of writing. :)

First up is date night with the husband last week. We had dinner at Kashmir, an Indian restaurant. We love Indian food and, in our opinion, Kashmir is the best place to have really good and authentic Indian cuisine. We're no food experts but Manila's Best Kept Restaurant Secrets seem to think so too as Kashmir has been awarded as Best Indian Restaurant in 2010!

It was our second time at Kashmir. You will just love everything about this restaurant. Their interiors are really pretty and I feel like they sort of prepare your whole body for the gastronomic experience that awaits you. Here's what we ordered, I think we ordered the same food we did the first time:
Hummus
"The traditional middle-eastern dip, made with chickpeas tahina, olive oil and lemon juice. Served with warm pita bread."
Rogan Josh Kashmiri
"A real taste of India. Tender mutton pieces cooked in a rich gravy of varied spices and herbs."

Palak Paneer
 "Fresh cottage cheese and spinach simmered in tangy, creamy gravy."

Roti Chanai
"Our Malaysian croissant-like fluffy bread enriched with milk and ghee."

After our first trip at Kashmir, I often daydreamed about the Palak Paneer. It's just gloriously delicious. I've never loved a vegetable dish so much in my life! So that was the first thing I ordered when we came back.

Surprisingly, their Hummus was amazing. I don't remember it being that good the last time. I couldn't resist the slight sour kick and ate the creamy dish until I wiped the plate clean. Of course I shared it with my husband but I had more than half of it. Oh no!!!

The Rogan Josh Kashmiri was my husband's favorite. He is a meat monster (he's actually allergic to seafood and has no idea what he's missing). The meat was good but not mind-blowingly good. But the sauce is a whole different story. I super loved it. Oh my goodness, I could live with just the pita and the sauce. It was firing up in my mouth! Yum, yum, yum!!!

I normally don't mix up my food. I only eat one dish at at time. But I couldn't help but eat them altogether and it was a food orgasm in my mouth! I don't know how else to explain the flavors and spices I was tasting. They were all so good!

So, I've been counting my calories on and off for the past month. How many calories did I consume? Who the hell cares??? Hahaha! When you want Indian food, go to Kashmir. I promise, you won't regret it! Oh and they have valet parking!!!

Kashmir
Festejo Bldg., 816 Arnaiz Ave., Makati City / (632) 8444924 or 8444927
Rustan's Supermarket, Ayala Center, Makati City
Merchants Center Bldg., Padre Faura St., Ermita, Manila / (632) 5246851 or 5321512
http://www.kashmirmanila.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment