Friday, November 4, 2011

Review: Inglot Eye Shadows & Kevyn Aucoin Blush

Here is a mini loot I got from a makeup artist friend who came from the US with a TON of makeup stuff to sell. I firmly told myself I will not see him but after a week or so, I was texting him, asking if he has this and that. Since I was, and still am, on a makeup shopping diet. I just got a couple of things. What I really NEEDED from him was a Make Up For Ever empty magnetic palette (which I do not have a photo of at the moment as I am still trying to organize my makeup - hard work! Whew!). When I met him, he was with other makeup artists who were also buying from him. Surprise, surprise! He brought everything and I couldn't stop myself from looking through his goodies.

Kevyn Aucoin was the first makeup artist I learned about and really studied and admired. My very first makeup book was by Kevyn Aucoin and I was just amazed at how beautiful his works are. Since then, I have been collecting makeup books and all of Kevyn Aucoin's books except for one that has been out of print.

And somehow, it seems natural that a makeup line from a super genius is as amazing as his works. I hear nothing but good things about his makeup line. Even his makeup brushes are to die for! And this is my first - but definitely not the last - Kevyn Aucoin makeup I own.

Kevyn Aucoin The Pure Powder Glow in Neolita
Neolita is a red berry shade and, in my opinion, is a great universal shade that can be applied sheer with a light sweep or really bright since it is SUPER packed with pigments.





It also lasts a loooooong time. Best part is, I got this for just Php500.00 versus its retail price of US37.00 or about Php1,577.00 (with a compact case).

*****

One makeup brand that I've been eying for a long time already is Inglot and they have been popping up in beauty blogs and YouTube videos and everyone is just crazy about them. I'm just glad that I got shades that weren't similar with what I already have.

Inglot Pearl 418

Inglot Pearl 399

Inglot AMC 64
Thank goodness I love them as I wasn't planning on buying more eye shadows and I didn't get to try and swatch them before buying. They're highly pigmented and I'm happy with the colors I picked. These were swatched without a base underneath and, yet, I like the color pay-off. See the black one with gold specks? Smoky eyes perfection!!! Oh and damage done is just Php500.00 apiece (retails for USD12.00 or Php512.00). If you ask me, this will give MAC a run for their money.


Sadly, Inglot is not available locally but you may still be able to snag some Inglot love and other makeup stuff from Harold Santos. You may contact him at 0920-9211034.

Happy shopping!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment