Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Birthday Card & a Challenge

I have a ton of scrapbooking materials and I barely use them anymore. I do not scrapbook but I love making paper crafts like cards, gift tags and whatnot. I love it when I am forced to bust out my supplies and whip up something for someone special. This time it's for the husband. It's his birthday! :)

I didn't know where to start so I needed some inspiration. I visited 365 Cards, it's a blog that challenges their readers to create a card based on the blog's featured layout or sketch. And they have a new one every single day, hence the blog name. I used to join card challenges quite often. Not to win but because it's a great place to start off and also be inspired by the works created by the readers. Check them out here.

This is the sketch I drew inspiration from:

Day 237: Super Sketchy Sunday

And here's what I came up with:

 



 It was pretty fun making this card. I hope to make more in the future. :)

To my amazing husband, I wish you happy happy birthday filled with lots of love! :)

xoxo




3 comments:

  1. fab take on the sketch and such a fun way to do the sentiment! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fun, love that you peek through your PEPS, thank you for joining us at 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful embossing and LOVE how you worked that sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete