Monday, September 19, 2011

Marriot Weekend

We just enjoyed a quick get-away at the Marriot Hotel this weekend. I am happy to report that it was a pretty good stay! We stayed in a Guest Room which is very spacious.




The bath area of our room has a glass wall but there's also an electric shade for that much needed privacy.


A really nice hotel bathroom is important to me. And this was just perfect.


Look at their toiletry holder. Very discreet yet tasteful.




Check-in was smooth and fast and Ernest, the receptionist who served us, was very accommodating. We stayed on the fifth floor, a smoking floor. We could smell smoke on the hallway but surprisingly not in our room. Requests for extra bedroom slippers, robe and drinking water were quick. We had free internet but never got to use it since I had my Globe Super Tattoo Stick. Anyway, we really loved the fact that the hotel is connected to Resorts World and the Newport Mall and that guests have more dining options.

We grabbed dinner at Cafe Mediterranean. We haven't eaten here in years and it was nice to find they still offer what we normally order - the Kabab Platter which was good for three to four persons and we wiped it out! :)

Kabab Platter with Buttered Rice and Pita Bread

Our stay didn't include breakfast. We did ask how much their buffet breakfast costs, it is Php1,250 per head. Good thing the hotel has a fresh bakery and pastry shop with wide choices of bread and desserts. I don't really eat breakfast and I didn't want to spend that much and I don't really like buffets.

Everything was great. Well, maybe except for the pillows which were too soft that my head literally sank into and almost flatten three pillows. My husband loved it though so I guess it's just a matter of preference. I'm not sure though if they have a pillow menu. Anyway, regardless, I still loved our stay.

Manila Marriot Hotel is located at Newport Boulevard, Newport City Complex, Pasay City, Manila. For more info, visit their site.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment